NuSilk™ Commercial Collection for Luxury Living
A touch of elite luxury for the floor
NuSilk™ by SYLKA™ is a luxury fiber designed to replicate the delicate aesthetic qualities of natural silk, yet retain superior performance characteristics necessary for use in luxury residential and commercial floor covering environments.
SYLKA™ certifications and ratings
SYLKA™ is certified to a commercial density rating of up to 1,000 traffics per day, giving it a heavy domestic/medium contract grading.
It also meets the British Standards BS4790 Hot Metal Nut test for low radius of ignition.
The tog rating for SYLKA™ Royale is 1.05 and SYLKA™ Velour 0.99, which makes both highly suitable for use where underfloor heating is in place.
SYLKA™ also performs extremely favourably in comparison tests with bamboo, silk and viscose carpets, as the table below shows.
These results have been arrived at after rigorous lab tests checking the fibre loss, fire resistance, resistance to various stains like coffee, red wine, oil and ease of cleaning cut-pile carpets (Velour).
- SYLKA™’s NuSilk™ fibre is processed through a uniquely designed spinneret, engineered to mimic the size and shape of natural silk for unrivaled visual and tactile appeal.
- Although products made of NuSilk™ are delicate and luxurious to the touch, the polymer from which NuSilk™ is derived shares Type 6,6 Nylon 101 architecture making it extremely durable in comparison to its natural fibre counterparts.
- NuSilk™ boasts a more compact, high tenacity molecular structure than natural and organic fibre options resulting in a product that will resist fibre loss due to abrasion and will not experience shedding or pilling common in natural fibres.
- A specialized twisting process results in a finished product that possesses high resiliency, allowing increased resistance to pile crush or “walk out” common in floor coverings made of natural and organic fibres.
- NuSilk™ is colorfast and may be easily dyed in a wide variety of shades from “paper white” to the darkest hues imaginable, with no issues.
- NuSilk™ features superior weathering properties in comparison to natural and organic fibres. This includes better sunlight resistance as well as enhanced resistance to rapid oxidation and “yellowing” common in natural fibres.
- NuSilk™ is inherently highly resistant to insects & fungi as well as moulds, mildew, rot and many chemicals which may permanently stain floor coverings made of natural and organic fibres.
- Floor coverings made of NuSilk™ fibre may be cleaned as easily as conventional carpet and may be treated with advanced anti soil/stain protectants as well as flame retardant for use in yachts and aircraft.